Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Cygwin: support for '(' and ')' in path to libraries without "lib" prefix(How to support these characters in path when linking other objects through Miscellaneous page in C\C++ Build Settings ?)
Cygwin: support for '(' and ')' in path to libraries without "lib" prefix [message #1053605] Mon, 06 May 2013 18:27
Gidi Gal is currently offline Gidi GalFriend
Hello to the forum members,

This problem was reproduced both on Eclipse 3.6.2 and Eclipse 4.2.2.

Reproducing instructions:
1) Create a static library. Set it on a path that includes '(' and ')' characters.
2) Create an executable application that will link to this library through "other objects" section in Miscellaneous page (C\C++ Build -> Settings).

Try to build: Here's an example of what I received:
make: *** No rule to make target `/cygdrive/l/temp/base \(test\)/Debug/testLib.a', needed by `test.exe'. Stop.

I used an environment variable for the path to Debug folder with the following value:
/cygdrive/l/temp/base\ \(test\)

3) Now, try to link using Libraries page, this works ok.

As far as I understand, in order to use the "Libraries" page, I need my library to have a "lib" prefix, which it does not. Currently I cannot change its name.

Questions:
1) Is it possible to use Libraries page with library files that does not have a "lib" prefix ?
2) Is it possible to use Miscellaneous page to link to libraries on paths with '(' or ')' characters ?

Many thanks for your help,
Gidi

Previous Topic:Eclipse does not recognize errors
Next Topic:Project References not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:00:38 GMT 2024