Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » How to identify Exclusive and combined Enumeration in UML2.
icon5.gif  How to identify Exclusive and combined Enumeration in UML2. [message #1053429] Sun, 05 May 2013 13:24 Go to next message
Félix SILINOU KAMDEM is currently offline Félix SILINOU KAMDEMFriend
Hello,

I'm parsing a UML model, and I want to know how identify that Enumeration is exclusive or combined?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Re: How to identify Exclusive and combined Enumeration in UML2. [message #1053455 is a reply to message #1053429] Mon, 06 May 2013 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rafael Chaves is currently offline Rafael ChavesFriend
Never heard of those properties. Can't what you want be achieved by setting the upper bound of the value that is typed by an enumeration to be 1 (exclusive) or unlimited (combined)?

Rafael
http://abstratt.com/blog
Re: How to identify Exclusive and combined Enumeration in UML2. [message #1053475 is a reply to message #1053455] Mon, 06 May 2013 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, I want to generate a code using UML model.
In the generator template, they said I must specify the enumeration type. For example, look at the code bellow.
<enum name="BITEnum" type="exclusive">

The problem is that Enumeration is a stereotype and it's my first time to ear that Enumeration can be type and when I'm looking in Google I don't find some interesting answer.

By the way, I can get the upper bound using Enumeration namespace
Re: How to identify Exclusive and combined Enumeration in UML2. [message #1053481 is a reply to message #1053475] Mon, 06 May 2013 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I forgot to notice that I am using a specific model file I do not have to change it.
Re: How to identify Exclusive and combined Enumeration in UML2. [message #1053590 is a reply to message #1053475] Mon, 06 May 2013 16:00 Go to previous message
Rafael Chaves is currently offline Rafael ChavesFriend
You'd need to find out what they mean for the generation tool and hen set them properly (either hardcoded or based on some model characteristic).

Quote:
The problem is that Enumeration is a stereotype and it's my first time to ear that Enumeration can be type and when I'm looking in Google I don't find some interesting answer.

Enumerations are types. That does not stop some profile to deal with them using stereotypes for whatever reason.

Quote:
By the way, I can get the upper bound using Enumeration namespace

Sorry, I don't understand what this means. You can determine the upper bound for any MultiplicityElement, which as you can see, is subclassed by many different kinds of elements, basically things that can hold values.

Quote:
I forgot to notice that I am using a specific model file I do not have to change it.

Or this...
Previous Topic:Specifying an action of a transition
Next Topic:How to get default value of Enumeration Literal in UML?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:21:49 GMT 2024