Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Keyboard bindings failing with latest Eclipse 4
icon4.gif  Keyboard bindings failing with latest Eclipse 4 [message #1053295] Fri, 03 May 2013 16:11 Go to next message
Steven Robinson is currently offline Steven RobinsonFriend
I have been a long term user of the NatTable without any big issues, but am currently stumbling on a tough one. NatTable into Eclipse RCP app used to just work flawlessly. Yet, 2-3 months ago, the Eclipse dev changed something in the way they deal with RCP-level key bindings and commands.

Now, if the RCP app has a binding for say the "Ctrl+C" keys, it will capture it, and invoke any handler of that command (at the Eclipse workbench level), which in my case is none.

The problem is that, even if my NatTable is the focused control, my Ctrl+C key presses do not reach the NatTable. I have exactly the same problem with other key bindings such as Ctrl+A to select all cells etc...

The weird part is that more simple controls such as a simple text box, do seem to receive the "Ctrl+C" events as the selected text gets copied.

Is the NatTable listening to key events in a special way that just got broken by Eclipse's recent change?
Re: Keyboard bindings failing with latest Eclipse 4 [message #1053305 is a reply to message #1053295] Fri, 03 May 2013 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Not that I am aware of. We would need to investigate this.

Areyou experiencing this with a plain Eclipse 4 application or are you using the compatibility layer for Eclipse 3?
Re: Keyboard bindings failing with latest Eclipse 4 [message #1053462 is a reply to message #1053305] Mon, 06 May 2013 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Jacob is currently offline Martin JacobFriend
Hi,

I experienced the same problem and use the compatibility layer.

Martin

schrieb Dirk Fauth, Am 03.05.2013 19:45:
> Not that I am aware of. We would need to investigate this.
> Areyou experiencing this with a plain Eclipse 4 application or are you using the compatibility layer
> for Eclipse 3?
Re: Keyboard bindings failing with latest Eclipse 4 [message #1053480 is a reply to message #1053462] Mon, 06 May 2013 08:31 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Today I tested with the latest Eclipse Kepler M7 release. In a plain Eclipse 4 application there is no issue with the key bindings. But if I create a plugin for the Eclipse IDE (which uses the compatibility layer) the key bindings are broken as you describe.

I created a topic for the Eclipse 4 compatibility layer: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/486124/

If there is a bug, it is there and not related to NatTable. Smile
Previous Topic:Nattable tree grid
Next Topic:Comobobx cells
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:10:35 GMT 2024