Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Remote Debugging Issue(Remote Debugging Issue)
Remote Debugging Issue [message #1052969] Wed, 01 May 2013 16:01 Go to next message
edgar perez is currently offline edgar perezFriend
I am having an issue with remote debugging - when it hits a break point in my struts action class, it opens up a new window that says source not found even though I am pointing it to the directory where my source files are. I have everything set up correctly and have had a few colleagues take a look at my debug configuration settings to make sure they are properly set up. If I set break points in my domain or server layer, which are in different project folders, it hits the break points and highlights the line of code with no problems.

In my debug configuration, on the Source tab, I have all source directories listed and have checked on the "Search for duplicate source files on path" as well as the "Search subfolders" check boxes.

I am running Eclipse Juno and my code is on a Unix box (we use ClearCase).

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: Remote Debugging Issue [message #1053002 is a reply to message #1052969] Wed, 01 May 2013 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Was the class compiled with debug turned on? If not, then there is no way for the debugger to find the source code.
Re: Remote Debugging Issue [message #1053006 is a reply to message #1053002] Wed, 01 May 2013 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, it was compile with Debug turned on. Thanks for your reply.
Re: Remote Debugging Issue [message #1053319 is a reply to message #1053006] Fri, 03 May 2013 20:46 Go to previous message
Issue has been resolved! The problems was with a few of my class paths in the ".class" file.
Previous Topic:Eclipse JUNO for XSL
Next Topic:NullPointerException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:24:56 GMT 2024