Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Import UML to Papyrus
Import UML to Papyrus [message #1051453] Sun, 28 April 2013 20:41 Go to next message
L. wagner is currently offline L. wagnerFriend
Hi,

i have some problems to create a view/diagram to a given uml file.

Papyrus created for storing 3 files (uml., .di, .notation).
It is possible to take only this .uml File and make a diagram?
I can import the file, it shows me the Objects if i double click on it but i cant create a view/diagram.
I've tried different things from the internet, but but without success.

Greetings
Re: Import UML to Papyrus [message #1051772 is a reply to message #1051453] Mon, 29 April 2013 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

Right click on the *.uml file, then File > New > Papyrus model

It will create new *.di and .notation files associated with this UML model. Then you'll be able to create and manipulate diagrams for this model.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Import UML to Papyrus [message #1052588 is a reply to message #1051453] Tue, 30 April 2013 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dieter Van Eessen is currently offline Dieter Van EessenFriend
Hello,

Perhaps important to notice on camille's answer: if you have one model (A) and create+import the second model (B), then created diagrams on the imported B in model A won't be visible when opening+working in model B.

The other way around works neighter (created diagrams in model B aren't available in imported model B in model A).

Importing model_B.di in model A isn't possible. BUT: I've noticed the following solution works:
-Open both model A and model B .di-files in text/xml editor
-Add the <availablePage> ... </availablePage> to the <pageList> of the .di file of the model on which the diagram is missing.
-That's it...

This has only been tested on models stored as in (.di/.notation/.uml) format. Don't know what it would give when using CDO repository.

Should this be noted as a bug (allow import of .di-files)?

have fun,
Dieter
Re: Import UML to Papyrus [message #1052669 is a reply to message #1052588] Tue, 30 April 2013 11:32 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Quote:
Should this be noted as a bug (allow import of .di-files)?

This currently isn't supported in Papyrus (Although you may achieve this with some kind of workaround as you said). But an enhancement has already been requested in Bug 394873

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:OCL Constraint on all classes ?
Next Topic:Horizontal Instead of Vertically Oriented Regions for States in State Machine Diagrams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:05:49 GMT 2024