Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Weird behaviour with Deletey Key
Weird behaviour with Deletey Key [message #1049880] Fri, 26 April 2013 11:55 Go to next message
tester tester is currently offline tester testerFriend
I've got numerous issues with the delete key in Eclipse 4.2, however I can't replicate them directly, but I can describe them:

Sometimes when I have several taps open of java code and I want to delete something with the DELETE key - nothing happens! I recheck if the tab is active and click on it to verify I am on the tab - but still nothing happens!

And then I accidentally found out that all the DELETE-actions happened on anothe ropened tab!! I can't explain that.

It's either that or the key just doesn't work.

Today I had a new case: again I wanted to delete a line from my code, but instead of deleting the line - it wanted to delete the project from my workspace!! So obviously the focus was on the Package Explorer, not on the actual tab! And this happened although I verified and multiple times clicked on the tab to verify that thew focus should be in the editor frame not in the package explorer frame. It didn't help, it always wanted to delete the project from workspace...

It really is weird... sure a restart helps and then everythings works as usual, but I don't get... since this new GUI has come, this thing is just slow and weird...
Re: Weird behaviour with Deletey Key [message #1051773 is a reply to message #1049880] Mon, 29 April 2013 08:03 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
I don't think I can help you specifically with this case as these are hard to reproduce. However, try getting a future version (4.2.1 or 4.2.2) and most likely this would not happen.
Previous Topic:Hints on using JFace Wizard with Dependency Injection?
Next Topic:placement tool control in trim bar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:44:43 GMT 2024