Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Working with subclipse
Working with subclipse [message #155357] Sun, 08 January 2006 20:20 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: spectre.digital-traffic.net

Well, I've been trying to figure out how to work effectively with subclipse, but the documentation seems to be lacking a bit. One of the biggest problems I've been having with it is with checking in a project. I can share a project out to a subversion repository without any problem at all. When I check one in for use as a project, however, Eclipse shows everything differently. Rather than showing packages with source code underneath them, I get a listing of folders. I also lose the ability to work with many parts of the project. The build path configuration, for example is completely different from the way it normally is.

Besides this, I haven't been able to find anything at all on how branching and tagging functions with subclipse. I know that there are built in tools for it, but there's no documentation to be found on where they are or how to use them. The best I have found is: http://subclipse.tigris.org/branch_tag.html but it seems to be out of date (menus mentioned do not exist) and I can't seem to find an updated version.

If anyone has any information on the subject or could point me towards any sort of documentation it would help me greatly.
Re: Working with subclipse [message #155869 is a reply to message #155357] Wed, 11 January 2006 12:31 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dserodio.gmail.com

Brian Shacklett wrote:
> Well, I've been trying to figure out how to work effectively with subclipse, but the documentation seems to be lacking a bit. One of the biggest problems I've been having with it is with checking in a project. I can share a project out to a subversion repository without any problem at all. When I check one in for use as a project, however, Eclipse shows everything differently. Rather than showing packages with source code underneath them, I get a listing of folders. I also lose the ability to work with many parts of the project. The build path configuration, for example is completely different from the way it normally is.
>
> Besides this, I haven't been able to find anything at all on how branching and tagging functions with subclipse. I know that there are built in tools for it, but there's no documentation to be found on where they are or how to use them. The best I have found is: http://subclipse.tigris.org/branch_tag.html but it seems to be out of date (menus mentioned do not exist) and I can't seem to find an updated version.

Actually, the page you mention is completely up-to-date. Apparently, you
missed the first paragraph that says "This page shows off some of the
enhanced support for branches and tags that was added to Subclipse as of
the 0.9.102 release.". You probably have version 0.9.37 (which is the
latest available via Update Manager) installed.

> If anyone has any information on the subject or could point me towards any sort of documentation it would help me greatly.

Your best bet is to ask the Subclipse Users mailing list:
users@subclipse.tigris.org
Subclipse has no relation to WTP.

HTH,
Daniel Serodio
Previous Topic:wsdd, webservice.xml, jaxrpc-mapping.xml ....
Next Topic:ctrl-d in JS editor causing null pointer exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:12:16 GMT 2024