Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Content Assist Issues when modifying org.eclipse.jface.text(Content Assist Issues When Modifying Framework)
Content Assist Issues when modifying org.eclipse.jface.text [message #1047198] Mon, 22 April 2013 23:00
Patrick Gorman is currently offline Patrick GormanFriend
Hi there,

I am attempting to modify the org.eclipse.jface.text project of the Eclipse framework. I have imported the source as a plug-in project, and at first got 2 errors reported in the MANIFEST file.

The two errors were that the packages org.eclipse.jface.contentassist.images and org.eclipse.jface.text.source.projection.images are both missing from the project. I was able to add those into the project by getting them from the binary jar file.

Once I did this, there were no errors and the project built fine, and I was able to export it successfully. My problem, however, is that once I did this, all content assist functionality was broken in my eclipse plugin editor. For example, ctrl-space would not bring up a window with possible completions, and the '.' key would not even display.

I have been creating Eclipse plugins for a while, but this is the first time that I have attempted to change the framework itself. Am I going about this wrong, or is there something that I am missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smile
Previous Topic:Not able to implement drag and drop; dragSetData not getting called
Next Topic:Is it possible to add connections between two TreeViewers in an Editor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:58:17 GMT 2024