Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Can you auto build eugenia and xtext(maven xtext eugenia)
Can you auto build eugenia and xtext [message #1046753] Mon, 22 April 2013 10:18 Go to next message
Mårten Carlzon is currently offline Mårten CarlzonFriend

Hello

I wanted to ask if it is possible to generate a maven build for a eugenia and xtext project? I noticed you had a tutorial about making a ANT build but it looked like it used a predefined emf file and since I use one from the generated code I wanted to check if it can be done?

Seems like the one who I do my project for want to only have one eclipse window up and not have to build in eclipse first to get a second window Smile

Side note, but is it possible to make it compile to a runnable jar? I was asked if my project could be completely removed from eclipse so they have a program they can bring along instead of needing to install eclipse on computers when they want to use it.

Thanks for all help

Write you later / Mårten
Re: Can you auto build eugenia and xtext [message #1047942 is a reply to message #1046753] Tue, 23 April 2013 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Mårten,

Putting together an update site [1] would probably do the trick of not requiring 2 Eclipses.

I'm afraid it's not possible to detach the editor from Eclipse. The furthest you could go would be to try to export it as an RCP application [2].

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_create_an_update_site_(site.xml)%3F
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Rich_Client_Platform
Re: Can you auto build eugenia and xtext [message #1048444 is a reply to message #1047942] Wed, 24 April 2013 13:29 Go to previous message
Mårten Carlzon is currently offline Mårten CarlzonFriend

Hi Dimitris

Ok, I think I will try and make a plugin thingie Smile
It seems you can export them as an Eclipse Product that way so thanks for the tips!

I guess they will just have to live with working in eclipse... although I don't see anything bad with it Smile

Now just to read and figure out how it is done Smile

Write you later / Mårten
Previous Topic:specifying icons in exeed
Next Topic:Emtpy Error when generating GMF tool, graph and map models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:34:53 GMT 2024