Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » SVN Credential Storage(Having difficulties getting the SVN accounts set up)
SVN Credential Storage [message #1044702] Fri, 19 April 2013 08:21 Go to next message
Joshua Griffith is currently offline Joshua GriffithFriend
Hi all,

I'm in the process of upgrading our build system from Hudson 1.381 (IKR!) up to the latest rev (3.0.1-b2). I can't unfortunately simply upgrade as we need it to be running throughout, so I'm trying to configure a second server.

Problem is, when I enter the SVN credentials for each SVN account, and check the box to "overwrite global credentials", it simply doesn't recognise that I've entered any credentials. When I edit the job it says "Could not authenticate SVN account, no credentials to try."

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this? So far I've tried various methods of changing the credentials through the site, and I've edited hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.xml, all with no results.

Thanks,
Re: SVN Credential Storage [message #1044976 is a reply to message #1044702] Fri, 19 April 2013 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Hi Joshua, I agree "overwrite global credentials" is kind of confusing. The credentials are used from three places

- System wide global
- Hudson wide global
- Hudson Job specific

If you don't specify any SVN credentials in Hudson, Subversion plugin tries to use the System wide Global (usually something like /home/janedoe/.subversion)

If you specify the SVN credentials in Hudson and select "overwrite global credentials", then the SVN credential is stored in the job directory, this credential is specific to SVN configuration in that Job. Otherwise the credential will be stored as Hudson global, so that any job in Hudson with SVN configuration can be authenticated with that credential.

Did you check the job folder to see if there is a SVN credential configuration file?

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: SVN Credential Storage [message #1058524 is a reply to message #1044976] Tue, 14 May 2013 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reinhard Nägele is currently offline Reinhard NägeleFriend
We quite often have problems with SVN credentials, especially since upgrading to Hudson 3 and mostly for jobs where SVN URLs are parameterized. Is the option "Override global credentials" documented somewhere? I interpreted it the other way around.

Actually, I think it should be configurable whether global credentials are used at all. Either you have them job based or global, but not both.

Reinhard
Re: SVN Credential Storage [message #1230057 is a reply to message #1044976] Fri, 10 January 2014 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Katz is currently offline Richard KatzFriend
Hi Winston,

Where do you do this task: specify the SVN credentials in Hudson and select "overwrite global credentials?"

Is this on some Hudson submenu somewhere?

Thanks.

Regards,

Rich
Re: SVN Credential Storage [message #1232420 is a reply to message #1058524] Thu, 16 January 2014 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel, in my reply I mistakenly mentioned "Overwrite global credentials" instead of "Override global credentials". Basically, the question is for overriding any Hudson Wide global credential. Means, if yes is selected, then the provided credential overrides the global credential and stored in the job. This is not documented, I will try to put these info in the SVN plugin page.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: SVN Credential Storage [message #1232421 is a reply to message #1232420] Thu, 16 January 2014 22:53 Go to previous message
Hi Richard, it is kind of a bizarre implementation. Suppose the SVN plugin finds some credential from your OS level subversion cache (System wide global Ex: ~/.subversion/auth), then it will try to use it. If that succeeds, then no credentials is asked. Otherwise a link is provided in the error message as shown below

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13144273/svn_auth1.png

Clicking on the "enter credential" link take you to a page where you can enter credentials

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13144273/svn_auth2.png

If you configure the job second time, now the SVN URL displays a link that says "Update Credential"

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13144273/svn-auth3.png

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Previous Topic:Count commit to SVN plugin
Next Topic: Hudson svn-tag plug-in 1.16 throwing exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:36:33 GMT 2024