Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Alternating colors of a single console stream.
Alternating colors of a single console stream. [message #1042578] Tue, 16 April 2013 15:53 Go to next message
Camilo Bernal is currently offline Camilo BernalFriend
Hi all,

I've created a console view which displays profiling information; each printed line containing detailed metrics. What I'm attempting to do is set the color of each line printed in the console based on the metrics (e.g. set the color of a particular line to green to show performance gain). I started with a MessageConsole, but using setColor on the MessageConsoleStream updates the whole stream, as it should.

At the moment I'm looking at consoleColorProviders extension point, but first want to make sure that this is the right approach or whether there is a better way to achieve what I described above.
Re: Alternating colors of a single console stream. [message #1043283 is a reply to message #1042578] Wed, 17 April 2013 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camilo Bernal is currently offline Camilo BernalFriend
A more concise way to put it is: Am I going in the wrong path by attempting to set multiple colors to a single console output stream?
Re: Alternating colors of a single console stream. [message #1092263 is a reply to message #1043283] Thu, 22 August 2013 14:33 Go to previous message
Bernard Sarter is currently offline Bernard SarterFriend
Hi,

I faced some problems when trying to alternate the colours of a single MessageConsoleStream, so what I did to fix that was to create one MessageConsoleStream per colour:

MessageConsole msgConsole = new MessageConsole("foo", null);

MessageConsoleStream  consoleStreamDefault = msgConsole.newMessageStream();
consoleStreamDefault.setColor(null);

MessageConsoleStream  consoleStreamRed = msgConsole.newMessageStream();
consoleStreamRed.setColor(new Color(null, new RGB(255, 0, 0)));

a switch allows then to select the appropriate MessageConsoleStream for each single message to write.

Hope that helps,
Bernard.

Previous Topic:extension id's -- what does "fully qualified" mean? and other questions...
Next Topic:Keyboard issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:23:12 GMT 2024