Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » empty space between border top and text
empty space between border top and text [message #1042311] Tue, 16 April 2013 09:03 Go to next message
Bianca Medek is currently offline Bianca MedekFriend
Hello,

I yous Birt 3.7.1 and like to print a report in PDF with borders, but the report doesn't look nice because there is so much space between the border top an the text. To the border bottom is much less space.

The only solution, I have found is to set a negativ margin on the datafile, but this is no nice solution, because if I print the report as HTML there will be no space between the border top and the text.

The vertical allignment I have set to top, but this makes no difference.

Is there any way to solve this problem without setting a margin?

I have created a simply test report to show my problem. The difference between the two tables was a margin top of -3 on the cell CUSTOMERNAME.

Thanks for help.

Bianca
Re: empty space between border top and text [message #1043584 is a reply to message #1042311] Wed, 17 April 2013 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You might try removing the padding from the top on the table cell and on the data element. That should help a little.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: empty space between border top and text [message #1060782 is a reply to message #1043584] Tue, 28 May 2013 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Michael,

sorry for my late response.

I have set the padding, so that the pdf looks fine. But what should I do if i like to print the line with a padding from 0 on the top of the cell in future?

It seems like a bug in BIRT should I write one?

Thanks for your help.

Bianca
Re: empty space between border top and text [message #1061050 is a reply to message #1060782] Wed, 29 May 2013 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Not sure I'm understanding the follow up question. Any way you can explain a little more?

Michael

Re: empty space between border top and text [message #1063571 is a reply to message #1061050] Thu, 13 June 2013 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In many reports we have the request, to print all lines with nearly no space between them. Often it is only a checklist and we try to use so little paper we can.

Then we change the padding top and padding bottom to zeroe.

But then I will have the problem with the space betwenn border top and text.
Re: empty space between border top and text [message #1064386 is a reply to message #1063571] Wed, 19 June 2013 04:53 Go to previous message

If you're wanting to set this up to print differently in different situations, you might be able to set up different styles to use in different situations. On that sets the padding to 0 to cram as much into as little of a space as possible and one that allows there to be more space. Maybe I'm still misunderstanding. Let me know.

Michael

Previous Topic:Birt ODA 4.2.2
Next Topic:how to get value for parameter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:32:05 GMT 2024