Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Collapsible Split Form(Discussion of available collapsible views such as PaletteView from WindowBuilder)
Collapsible Split Form [message #1041907] Mon, 15 April 2013 18:46
Mason Wardle is currently offline Mason WardleFriend
My end goal is to have a split form that allows collapsing one of my components easily. Swing has a nice SplitPane that has a method setOneTouchExpandable that does exactly what I want which is it puts a couple of arrows on the "sash" that, when clicked hide the component the arrow points to. I would like the same thing in SWT.

I've tried using a SashForm. What I don't like about it is it seems to be hard-coding the minimum size I can shrink the composite down to. I am thus left to add some control that I can click to minimize the component that would in-turn call setMaximizedControl for the control I want to still be visible. That is messy and bulky.

I really like the collapsible Palette and Structure views in WindowBuilder. Is there something like this already built in SWT? It's in org.eclipse.wb.internal.viewsUnfortunately I can't get AbstractExtractableDesignView from WindowBuilder since org.eclipse.wb.internal is not visible.

Any ideas?
Previous Topic:Optimize the positioning of controls onto StyledText
Next Topic:Filling Tree with hundreds of items without freezing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:47:36 GMT 2024