Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Blank report in REMEDY 7.6(Report works in BIRT IDE, but not on Remedy mid tier - no data only column headings)
Blank report in REMEDY 7.6 [message #1036729] Mon, 08 April 2013 18:37 Go to next message
vik zik is currently offline vik zikFriend
Hi All,

I'm using BIRT Designer 2.5. I have created a report in BIRT. I'm able to see the data in BIRT IDE, however, when I upload the design file in Remedy Mid Tier I do not see any data (only column headings).

I have tried every possible thing, any help on what could possibly be wrong, would be greatly appreciated. I have upload the RPT design file for reference.

Thank in advance
-vik

[Updated on: Tue, 09 April 2013 03:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Blank report in REMEDY 7.6 [message #1037021 is a reply to message #1036729] Tue, 09 April 2013 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I've not used Remedy, but there is a PDF hidden behind a login (which I don't have) on the BMC Software website that tells how to create/modify reports and use them with Remedy:

http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/16/62/271662/271662.pdf

Here is the post it comes from:

https://communities.bmc.com/communities/thread/51268

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Blank report in REMEDY 7.6 [message #1037186 is a reply to message #1037021] Tue, 09 April 2013 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vik zik is currently offline vik zikFriend
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your time. I have this document with me. It's a basic kick-start document to start developing web report for Remedy, not of much use. I have faced this issue randomly in some other reports too. Talking about this one, It worked fine for some time before it stopped displaying the data at a later stage.

I was able to see the output after redesigning the report from scratch in other cases. But for this one, nothing seems to be a working solution. I hope it helps in understanding the issue better. Any insight ?

-vik

[Updated on: Tue, 09 April 2013 09:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Blank report in REMEDY 7.6 [message #1037594 is a reply to message #1037186] Tue, 09 April 2013 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If the column headers are showing correctly and it's just not bringing in data, it sounds like a parameterized report that's sending a bad value or something, so no values come back. I'll take a look at the actual report and let you know if I see anything that might cause a hang-up. With your saying that it worked before and just stopped working though, that makes it seem less likely that there's a problem with the actual design.

Michael

Re: Blank report in REMEDY 7.6 [message #1037600 is a reply to message #1037594] Tue, 09 April 2013 19:29 Go to previous message

The above presumed you didn't get any errors about connecting to your data. There are lots of joins. You might make sure that there are no issues with fields matching up correctly. If you run the report from the designer, does everything work as expected? Do you have other reports that use this same data that are working fine?

Michael

Previous Topic:Table Footer at end of Every Page
Next Topic:Birt nested Table with ECore ODA Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:46:00 GMT 2024