Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Ant file generation(Eclipse creating ant file for non-exe Jar creation)
Ant file generation [message #1036530] Mon, 08 April 2013 13:57
Ron A is currently offline Ron AFriend
I am the only person who has any knowledge of Ant at the company where I work. I have developed several important Java projects for them. I am now required to have a simple way for my co-workers to re-generate my Jar files if I'm not here. By simple I mean they can't have to bring up Eclipse.

I know how to get Eclipse to generate an ant build file if I just want to compile a project (export/general/ant build file), and to generate an ant build file for an executable jar files (export/java/executable jar file/save build script).

However, I can find no simple way to get Eclipse to generate the ant script for a non-executable Jar file. I know that with ant it is extremely simple to generate a Jar, however I am under pressure to keep the entire process simple - which is to say that I am supposed to be able to create the Ant script by clicking some buttons and not by hand-editing a build.xml.

Eclipse will correctly build the ant script for compiling, and for executable jar files. What am I missing? How can I get it to generate a build script for a non-executable jar file?

I am sure that some of you will feel this approach is totally wrong headed, but it is what my manager and I came up with. I will have Eclipse generate the ant scripts (which only need to be updated if the build path changes) and then write a very simple ant script in a well known directory that will call the appropriate Eclipse generated scripts. To change this approach would require a whole new round of negotiations with my manager.
Previous Topic:How to disconnect from a remote java application which is launched by Eclipse locally
Next Topic:java EE IDE help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:02:14 GMT 2024