Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Generate Eclipse Project
[Acceleo] Generate Eclipse Project [message #1032845] Wed, 03 April 2013 14:03 Go to next message
André Ribeiro is currently offline André RibeiroFriend
Hello everyone,

I'm developing a code generator using Acceleo and now I was wondering how can I generate a "ready to use or import" Eclipse Project, more precisely, my goal is to generate an Android Project.
For now I generate all the source code and the folder hierarchy, but I would like to know how I can generate a full project with information such as the referenced libraries.

Thank you very much!

André Ribeiro
IST Lisbon
Portugal
Re: [Acceleo] Generate Eclipse Project [message #1034535 is a reply to message #1032845] Fri, 05 April 2013 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

In my UML to Java code generator, I not only generate a Java Eclipse projet but I also import it in the workspace and format its source code automatically. You can have a look at the Java services used here to create a project from scratch and to import it and its call there. You could also generate all the necessary files to have an Eclipse project (.project, .classpath for a Java project, etc...) and then import it later. I am also using this solution with the modules in this package.

This generator also comes with properties attached to the model instead of the old "properties files" mechanism which is more powerful since you have more than strings (look for UML2JavaConfigurationHolder) and also a dedicated launch configuration in the ui plug-in that you can save on the file system. If you are looking for a source of inspiration, I'm pretty sure that you can find everything you need here.

The source code is available on Github under the Eclipse Public License (just like Acceleo and Eclipse itself).

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks

[Updated on: Fri, 05 April 2013 15:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Acceleo] Generate Eclipse Project [message #1039288 is a reply to message #1034535] Fri, 12 April 2013 01:49 Go to previous message
ngoc ngoc is currently offline ngoc ngocFriend
Hi André Ribeiro,
Hi Stephane Begaudeau.
I'm too, my goal is to generate an Android Project but i have some error, would you like to hepl me ?
i need you. Thanks you.
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/474170/

thanks so much;
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Doesn't transform classes that are inside packages
Next Topic:EcoreXMI to OMG standard xmi conversion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:21:44 GMT 2024