Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Subversion Plugin not reverting svn:externals(Conflicts on svn update (external locations not reverted correctly))
icon11.gif  Subversion Plugin not reverting svn:externals [message #1028723] Thu, 28 March 2013 16:51 Go to next message
Vasil Sirnameless is currently offline Vasil SirnamelessFriend
Hi there,

Hudson 2.2.1, Hudson Subversion Plug-in 2.3.8, SVN Workspace Version 1.6

I have a project with 2 external locations (svn:externals) and the 'ignore externals' option is un-checked.
My update strategy is "Use svn update as much as possible, with 'svn revert' before update."
This is my preferred method of simulating a clean check-out as really clearing the workspace and getting it all each time would be causing too much net traffic.

I also have some of the artefacts (saved in one of the ext. locations) archived after the build as a post-build action.

I see this in the job log:
Reverting /var/lib/hudson/jobs/<JOB_NAME>/workspace/<MODULE_NAME> ignoreExternals: false
Updating <SVN_URL> revision: Mar 27, 2013 7:20:40 PM depth:infinity ignoreExternals: false
A ...
U ...
C ...
C ...

I havn't seen conflicts happen for the main location, but the external locations seem to not get reverted and conflicts do happen. The conflicts happen also for intermediary artefacts, not included in the archive step, so this does not seem to be relevant.

Could you please provide a fix (BugFix) or a workaround.

Many thanks!

[Updated on: Thu, 28 March 2013 17:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Subversion Plugin not reverting svn:externals [message #1028835 is a reply to message #1028723] Thu, 28 March 2013 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

Hi Vasil,

I see this as being a bug and I was able to reproduce this bug. I will try to fix and release an update to the plugin.

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: Subversion Plugin not reverting svn:externals [message #1036670 is a reply to message #1028835] Mon, 08 April 2013 17:19 Go to previous message
Vasil Sirnameless is currently offline Vasil SirnamelessFriend
Hi Steve,
thanks for committing to providing this bugfix. Have you already created an Issue in the BugTracking System? Could you provide a link to it, or post here again when fixed? Could you provide an estimate for the time of the next release?
Many thanks again!
Previous Topic:GIT integration questions
Next Topic:Hudson build all SVN revision since last build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:20:47 GMT 2024