Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Please help me about red underline !
Please help me about red underline ! [message #1022128] Thu, 21 March 2013 10:18 Go to next message
duong phu is currently offline duong phuFriend
index.php/fa/13962/0/When i create one new Servelet. It appear this error.
Please help me !!
  • Attachment: ga.JPG
    (Size: 114.17KB, Downloaded 939 times)
Re: Please help me about red underline ! [message #1022213 is a reply to message #1022128] Thu, 21 March 2013 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

What is the version of Java that you are using for this project? (right click -> Build Path -> Configure Build Path -> Libraries). Javax.servlet is part of Java EE (enterprise edition) not Java SE (standard edition), so if you have something like J2SE-1.5, JavaSE-1.6 or JavaSE-1.7 it won't work. You need to download JavaEE-1.6 then go in Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JRE and add the path of your newly installed version of Java. Finally, go back in the build path of your project and edit the JRE library used to select JavaEE-1.6.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Re: Please help me about red underline ! [message #1022843 is a reply to message #1022213] Fri, 22 March 2013 16:20 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If the project is targeting a valid server, the server should already be providing those libraries since it needs them to run itself. It's more likely that the project is either not targeting a server, or the chosen server is somehow not providing the basic Servlet APIs as libraries on the Java Build Path (and they should be coming from a server).

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Pre-configuring Eclipse Formatter
Next Topic:Eclipse Status Line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:03:05 GMT 2024