Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "Member declaration not found" but "Open declaration" is fine!
"Member declaration not found" but "Open declaration" is fine! [message #1021733] Wed, 20 March 2013 15:41 Go to next message
John McCabe is currently offline John McCabeFriend
Hi

I have a bit of an annoying problem. I've just moved to Eclipse Juno (starting from the 'classic' version) and installed CDT 8.1.2.201302132326. Prior to this I was using Eclipse Helios 20110301-1815 with CDT 7.0.2.201102110609.

I'm now seeing a lot of "Member declaration not found" issues highlighted in my C++ source files (that I didn't get with the Helios version) but, when I press F3, or select "Open declaration", there seems to be no trouble taking me to the declaration.

The indexer in general doesn't seem to work as efficiently as it did in Helios in that I seem to have to reindex manually on occasion to get stuff to match up. Has anyone else seen this sort of issue and, if so, how did you work round it? Is there a setting I need to change? I've selected the option to index files that are opened, which seems to help a little, but...

Thanks
John
Re: "Member declaration not found" but "Open declaration" is fine! [message #1022848 is a reply to message #1021733] Fri, 22 March 2013 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Hello John,

newer versions of CDT now have a "Code Analysis" function an I guess that the messages you see are coming from this module.

Open Windows -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Code Analysis and change the setting to suit your needs.

This feature is often called "Codan" and sadly there is no documentation about this module within the CDT documentation Sad

At least there is a short paragraph in this document about Codan:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn80

regards,
Klaus

Re: "Member declaration not found" but "Open declaration" is fine! [message #1022858 is a reply to message #1022848] Fri, 22 March 2013 16:53 Go to previous message
John McCabe is currently offline John McCabeFriend
Ah - thank you. I've looked in there and got rid of all the "unresolved" bits. There seems to be a problem resolving uint16_t and other types like that and, as a result, any functions, constructors etc that involve those types show as unresolved too.
Previous Topic:Debug Problem - No symbol table is loaded. Use the "file" command.
Next Topic:Eclipse indexing wrongly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:08:44 GMT 2024