Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Project Lombok
Project Lombok [message #1019600] Sat, 16 March 2013 04:35 Go to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Stumbled on Project Lombok today. A Java annotation processor is limited to generating new files and classes, but they found a way to use internal API to modify the AST of an existing class as it's going through the compiler.

Their technique could be rather interesting for Sapphire, as we should be able to generate property getters and setters in the interface at build time rather than relying on templates.

- Konstantin
Re: Project Lombok [message #1020342 is a reply to message #1019600] Mon, 18 March 2013 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg Amerson is currently offline Greg AmersonFriend
My only concern is support for maven tycho. That is what we currently use for building our sapphire projects and according to this, https://code.google.com/p/projectlombok/issues/detail?id=212
it may not be possible to combine lombok and tycho. I didn't take time to research it fully, just did a google search and found some posts that make it look like it may not be currently possible.
Re: Project Lombok [message #1020657 is a reply to message #1020342] Mon, 18 March 2013 16:40 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
To be clear, I was referencing to potentially using the techniques used to implement Lombok as opposed to Lombok itself, but we would of course need to understand the repercussions of this approach before starting anything.

- Konstantin
Previous Topic:potential workaround for startup speed issue
Next Topic:Implementing a list of ReferenceValues?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:05:00 GMT 2024