Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » problems importing submodules into eclipse
problems importing submodules into eclipse [message #1017944] Tue, 12 March 2013 20:38
Gray Mising name is currently offline Gray Mising nameFriend
I've using Eclipse 3.7.2 with Egit 2.3.1 and m2e 1.2.0.

My project has a root git project and a number of sub-modules. For the life of me I cannot properly import some of my submodules. Some of them seem to work fine. Either I get a directory that in Eclipse has no Git markups at all or I get one that shows every directory as having changes although none of them are. git from the command line has no problems at all. The eclipse svn plugin also has no problems.

Here's approximately what I do:

1. I'm in github.com/j256/ormlite-master-pom
  2. Add a submodule from the command line: git submodule add git@github.com:XXX/ormlite-tests.git
  3. Refresh Eclipse to get the submodule to show up.
  4. Open the Submodules folder, right click on ormlite-tests and pull down to Import Projects
  5. "Import existing projects" is selected. Click Next.
  6. ormlite-tests is checked off. Add it to my working set. Click Next (maybe Finish).
  7. ormlite-tests shows up in my project list as having changes. > ormlite-tests
  8. Opening it up, all directories show changes (see image). git command line disagrees. Files that _are_ changed do not show up as being changed. Synchronization shows no changes.

If I import it from just a right click in the project list I don't get any git associations. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Any help would be appreciated. This is totally reproducible. Thanks.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 March 2013 20:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:problems importing existing git repos into eclipse
Next Topic:Manually choose git directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:35:29 GMT 2024