Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [EMF Compare] Comparing unordered elements
[EMF Compare] Comparing unordered elements [message #1017335] Mon, 11 March 2013 15:59 Go to next message
Olivier Mising name is currently offline Olivier Mising nameFriend
Hello,

I am starting to experiment with EMF Compare 2.1.

I tried to compare two simple identical models, having simply modified the order of some elements.
The elements are matched, however the result contains differences of the kind "MOVE".
I've checked the metamodel, to ensure that the corresponding EReference has its ordered property set to "false" and it is the case.

With EMF Compare 1.2 I did not have this problem.

Is there something I have forgotten to do to consider the order of the elements only when the EReference is ordered ?

In advance, thanks
Re: [EMF Compare] Comparing unordered elements [message #1017623 is a reply to message #1017335] Tue, 12 March 2013 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Olivier,

We detect "move" differences on features that match one of the following:

• The feature is marked as "ordered", or
  • The feature is a containmnent reference.

My guess is that you are in the second case, and have an "unordered" containment reference. There is no way (yet) to configure this behavior except when launching comparisons through code (i.e. not through the default "compare With" actions of Eclipse). If you are launching your comparisons through code, the behavior to customize is the Feature Filter.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: [EMF Compare] Comparing unordered elements [message #1017656 is a reply to message #1017623] Tue, 12 March 2013 09:24 Go to previous message
Olivier Mising name is currently offline Olivier Mising nameFriend
Hello Laurent,

you've guessed right.

I will see what I can do with the Feature Filter's customization, it seems simple enough.

Thanks again.
Olivier
Previous Topic:modeling probem - opposite relation
Next Topic:Create Papyrus Project From UML file Using Java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:03:14 GMT 2024