Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Defined Symbol not working?(STM32 Header file isn't being included)
icon9.gif  Defined Symbol not working? [message #1015745] Sat, 02 March 2013 03:16 Go to next message
Rowan Doherty is currently offline Rowan DohertyFriend
I'm trying to get going with Eclipse/CDT and the STM32F4 Microprocessor libraries, and I've noticed a few funny things while setting up, but I'm guessing it's just due to a lack of understanding.

I have a project called "AbsMemAddress" setup, with a whole bunch of source files. It's basically just a test project.

main.c includes stm32f4xx.h which will include stm32f4xx_conf.h but only *IF* the USE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER symbol is defined.

Now, in Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Cross GCC Compiler -> Symbols I placed this define in the Debug configuration section, but the software didn't seem to be picking up on this fact when I went to compile (the conf.h file definitions weren't being included. That was, until I thought "Maybe I was building for Release rather than Debug".
I checked and I wasn't, but I decided to place USE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER into the Release Symbols anyway.
After doing this, the build stopped throwing errors. I then deleted the define from the Release section, and it still worked. Confused

What's going on? Does the IDE only update the defined symbols on an irregular basis?
Re: Defined Symbol not working? [message #1216082 is a reply to message #1015745] Thu, 28 November 2013 10:10 Go to previous message
Michael Weise is currently offline Michael WeiseFriend
Just had the same Problem, the answer can be found here:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/257227/749522/#msg_749522

Cheers
Michael
Previous Topic:How to restrict symbol resolution to included headers
Next Topic:Several Problems with Eclipse used for c++ programming on Linux Ubuntu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:22:51 GMT 2024