Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Hudson not triggering a build when it receives SVN commit notification?
Hudson not triggering a build when it receives SVN commit notification? [message #1014952] Tue, 26 February 2013 22:45
John Citizen is currently offline John CitizenFriend
I am trying to set up Hudson continuous integration server so that any SVN commits will trigger a new build. I've seen lots of questions and answers regarding configuring the SVN server, but not much on configuring Hudson itself.

I have added a post-commit hook to the SVN server which will contact Hudson on a commit. I am using the post-commit hook as described here: http:// wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Subversion+Plugin

But a build is not triggered after an SVN commit. I got the UUID value from the above post-commit hook script and sent my own HTTP POST request to the Hudson server:

http://<server>/hudson/subversion/<uuid>/notifyCommit?rev=<rev>

The Hudson logs show the following after that:

WARNING: No subversion jobs using SCM polling

So my HTTP POST request is reaching Hudson, but Hudson is complaining that there's no jobs configured to do anything with this notification.

According to the link above, I need to (a) set up SCM polling (any schedule is sufficient) and (b) allow anonymous read access and (c) disable cross-site exploit checks.

So I configured one of my Hudson jobs to use SCM polling for a nightly build, and verified that cross-site exploit checking was disabled. I also have "Enable security" option disabled, implying (I assume) that anonymous read access is permitted.

I then again sent the HTTP POST request representing an SVN commit notification. This time there is no message in the system logs, implying no warning of jobs without SCM polling. But there is still no build.

It seems to me that Hudson can recognize a build trigger via a HTTP POST request, and knows there is a job with SCM polling that can accept the build trigger, but fails to trigger a build.

I'm wondering what I need to do to fix this. Do I need to enable security and explicitly allow anonymous read access? Or enable the "anyone can do anything" authorization option? Do I need to change the SCM polling in some way (currently set to "0 2 * * *") ?

Any help appreciated.
Previous Topic:Migration to 3.0 - thinBackup problem
Next Topic:Hudson + SVN + Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:16:20 GMT 2024