Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PDT Broken in Juno - PHP Perspective not available
PDT Broken in Juno - PHP Perspective not available [message #1014951] Tue, 26 February 2013 22:41 Go to next message
Jamie Carl is currently offline Jamie CarlFriend
Hi all. I'm at wits end here. I'm switching up to Eclipse 4.2 Juno and I'm having a lot of problems getting PDT working.

Basically, I have tried fresh installs of Eclipse EE, Java Dev, Classic and C++ Dev. I then have tried installing PDT 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 on all versions. All fresh.

And nadda. Zip. Nothing. PDT just refuses to work at all. It says it's installed, but there is no PHP node in the preferences, nor is there a PHP perspective available.

What the frack is going on? I've never had the problems installing PDT before. Should I just give up? I'm incredibly frustrated here.

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: PDT Broken in Juno - PHP Perspective not available [message #1016185 is a reply to message #1014951] Tue, 05 March 2013 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vignesh Sabapathi is currently offline Vignesh SabapathiFriend
Hi Jamie,

Please install the previously installed all php related plugins. Once eclipse got restarted go to "Help -> Install New Software", select the "Juno - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno" entry from the "Work with" dropdown.
Under the "Web, XML, Java EE and OSGi Enterprise Developmet" category, select "PHP Development Tools (PDT) SDK Feature 3.1.1.201209101312". Click and install only this and once restarted eclipse you can able to get php perspective.

Regards,

Vignesh
Re: PDT Broken in Juno - PHP Perspective not available [message #1016664 is a reply to message #1016185] Thu, 07 March 2013 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Bock is currently offline Axel BockFriend
Hello,

I have a very similar problem. I am using a fresh install of Juno with PDT. Unfortunately I am new to PHP/Eclipse/PDT, so I am relying on googling to get stuff to work. And every single tutorial agrees on having a "PHP Debug(ger)" section in "Window->Preferences".

I don't.

No matter if I am usign PDT or PDT(SDK), no difference. I also have not any PHP debugging type available ("Debug as ...").

Am I doing something wrong here or is this a bug?

Cheers,
Axel.
Re: PDT Broken in Juno - PHP Perspective not available [message #1048436 is a reply to message #1014951] Wed, 24 April 2013 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Istvan Nonn is currently offline Istvan NonnFriend
I installed the latest Juno 4.2.2 and I tried to add PDT several times from different sources, as like:

Juno - download.eclipse.org/releases/juno

- Programming Languages category
    -> PHP Development Tools (PDT) 3.1.2
    -> PHP Development Tools (PDT) SDK Feature 3.1.1

Juno - download.eclipse.org/releases/juno

- Web, XML, Java EE and OSGi Enterprise Development category
    -> PHP Development Tools (PDT) SDK Feature 3.1.1

PDT - download.eclipse.org/tools/pdt/updates/release

- PHP Development Tools category

PDT extensions - p2-dev.pdt-extensions.org/

- PHP Development Tools category
    -> PHP Development Tools (PDT) 3.2.0

The installation went smoothly for each time (6 different try as you can see above), I can see the PDT under Installation Details, BUT I can't select PHP Perspective and there is no PHP in Window -> Preferences. So, basically I can't create PHP project.
Any suggestion? It seems that I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

Thank you.
Re: PDT Broken in Juno - PHP Perspective not available [message #1225632 is a reply to message #1014951] Mon, 30 December 2013 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A User is currently offline A UserFriend
I tried everything to get PDT working, finally gave up and downloaded eclipse PDT package from Zend (http: //www.zend.com/en/company/community/pdt/downloads)
Older build but it works!

Hope this helps someone.
Re: PDT Broken in Juno - PHP Perspective not available [message #1235268 is a reply to message #1016185] Fri, 24 January 2014 00:03 Go to previous message
maon francoeur is currently offline maon francoeurFriend
Vignesh Sabapathi wrote on Tue, 05 March 2013 06:54
Hi Jamie,

Please install the previously installed all php related plugins. Once eclipse got restarted go to "Help -> Install New Software", select the "Juno - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno" entry from the "Work with" dropdown.
Under the "Web, XML, Java EE and OSGi Enterprise Developmet" category, select "PHP Development Tools (PDT) SDK Feature 3.1.1.201209101312". Click and install only this and once restarted eclipse you can able to get php perspective.

Regards,

Vignesh

Thank You for your solution Mr. Vighnes. it working out. Good Job!
Previous Topic: Validate on saving files
Next Topic:Error with the documentation box?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:45:06 GMT 2024