Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Game Project for University(Creating a maze)
Game Project for University [message #1014748] Tue, 26 February 2013 11:45 Go to next message
Shahbaz Ahmed is currently offline Shahbaz AhmedFriend
Hi guys. So for a university assignment I have been asked to create a game of my choice but it has to be created within Eclipse using WindowBuilder.

The problem I am facing is how on earth do you create a maze within WindowBuilder?

I've thought about it for myself a few times with theories such as creating the maze within Fireworks or something then import it as an image into Eclipse and use the various windowbuilder tools within eclipse to implement collision features within the game.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Re: Game Project for University [message #1014818 is a reply to message #1014748] Tue, 26 February 2013 14:22 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
This is not a good question for this forum as WindowBuilder will only play a very small role in what you are doing. Use it to create your main window/shell and then fill that with a canvas widget. Draw your game there and react to user input. Whether you draw the maze yourself or import a graphic won't make any difference to WindowBuilder. Also note that WIndowBuilder will not help you with the game aspects of the program (like collision detection) in any way.
Previous Topic:JTable data display
Next Topic:JFrame and JMenuBar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:51:57 GMT 2024