Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT ppt report doesn't work with office 2012
BIRT ppt report doesn't work with office 2012 [message #1014435] Mon, 25 February 2013 20:34 Go to next message
Neil Wang is currently offline Neil WangFriend
Hi, I posted this a while ago. I have been waiting for a response and have no luck so far.

Hi,

There is a bug report: Bug 328982 - Cannot open report exported to .ppt in microsoft powerpoint 2010.

It has been marked as "won't fix". Microsoft changed the output format, however with more and more customers upgrading their office products, it seems like a major limitation if it is not to eventually support it. I would like to understand if there is a plan to eventually support this. If there is, what roadmap do you have in mind?

Michael Williams wrote:

Taking a look into it. On the bug, it says a target milestone of 4.2.2, which is set to release this month. But, as you said, it's set to won't fix, so something seems to be conflicting there. I'll let you know what I find out.

Please advise.
Re: BIRT ppt report doesn't work with office 2012 [message #1014647 is a reply to message #1014435] Tue, 26 February 2013 08:04 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Here is another bug report that's not closed. Please vote on it. It has no target milestone listed, though.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=349492

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:PPT report wrapping issue for Japanese language when generating on linux or unix
Next Topic:Evaluate all datasets for nulls
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:59:29 GMT 2024