Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Outline-window in Juno(How when using a detached editor)
Outline-window in Juno [message #1012857] Fri, 22 February 2013 10:43 Go to next message
Kitesurfer () is currently offline Kitesurfer ()Friend
Hi,
I'm working with Juno recently. Functionality in Juno is that each editor(tab) can be "loosened" from Eclipse and goes on as a somewhat separate window. You just drag&drop an editor tab to the desktop and it happens.

However, on the loose window the Outline is not there. Suppose I have two loosened editor(tab)s ... how would I get an Outline on both windows ?

I ask this because when editting large files the Outline is a great way to navigate through a source ... so it would be great if every loosened editor would have the Outline also there by default (or configurable in the Preferences)

Thanks.

PS. Addition ... does anybody know what's the command to loosen an editortab ? ... so I could bind it to a function-key.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 February 2013 10:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Outline-window in Juno [message #1012966 is a reply to message #1012857] Fri, 22 February 2013 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
You can use the Window->New Window command to open a second perspective window that contains the outline view.

You can use the Quick Outline context menu entry to open an hovering outline view in the "loosened" editor window. This is by default bound to Ctrl->O.
Re: Outline-window in Juno [message #1014116 is a reply to message #1012966] Mon, 25 February 2013 07:37 Go to previous message
Kitesurfer () is currently offline Kitesurfer ()Friend
David Wegener wrote on Fri, 22 February 2013 09:40
You can use the Window->New Window command to open a second perspective window that contains the outline view.

Thanks. Yep ... that's true. The nice thing of the loosened window however is that you have maximum "sight" on your source.

David Wegener wrote on Fri, 22 February 2013 09:40
You can use the Quick Outline context menu entry to open an hovering outline view in the "loosened" editor window. This is by default bound to Ctrl->O.

This works on a java-source when I'm developing my plugin. When I'm running my plugin on a source (which has an Outline) then Ctrl-O does nothing ?
Fyi ... plugin was developed under Helios.
Previous Topic:Change default size (width/height) of ToolTip (hover, popup, evaluator, inspector) in debug mode
Next Topic:Student Research Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:06:52 GMT 2024