Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Perspectives (and other things) not exporting with preferences
Perspectives (and other things) not exporting with preferences [message #1011985] Wed, 20 February 2013 16:22
J F is currently offline J FFriend
Hi All -

Started using eclipse about a month ago (version: Juno Release SP 1 on RHEL) and I'm using it on several machines at once. At that time, I set up some perspectives on one machine, and also made whatever sort of preferences (window->preferences) changes I wanted. Then I'm near-positive that I replicated these perspectives and preference changes across all other machines by using file->export->general->preferences.

Well, I just tried to export and import preferences again, and it's not working. The big thing is perspectives aren't being exported/imported, but I've tested some preferences changes, and don't see them going out/coming in, either (though I may be testing things that aren't supposed to export/import).

I have one of the .epf files I created a month ago, and it's MUCH larger than .epf files I can create by exporting now, despite the fact that I'm exporting basically the same preferences and perspectives as I did then. And, if I go and try to import this old epf file, the perspective set ups that I think should be in there are not showing up.

Also, when I choose file->export->general->preferences, the only thing in the list are C++ editor behavior and c++ editor appearance. I'd expect to see a lot more. Regardless, I always choose export all/import all.

Maybe I'm not remembering how I did this originally (wouldn't be the first time) or I'm hopelessly confused (ditto), but everything I read says this should work and Google hasn't turned up anything describing a problem similar to this.

Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Wed, 20 February 2013 18:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:java calling web service- No endpoint exception
Next Topic:ECLIPSE RTC - Plugin to change the Check In and Deliver label in RTC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:54:59 GMT 2024