Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo Integration Test - Step by Step Guide
Virgo Integration Test - Step by Step Guide [message #1010917] Mon, 18 February 2013 13:31 Go to next message
Felix Schöpf is currently offline Felix SchöpfFriend
I really want to use Virgo 3.6.0 or newer for our next project. As I'm quite familiar with OSGi everything is running quite smooth so far - also simple JUnit Tests with SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.

The problem now is, that I want to do some integration tests, to test the entire Web-Application and the interaction of various bundles. Therefore, I would like to use the Virgo test framework:
- Is it true that the Virgo test framework bundles can't be downloaded (I can't believe that I have to manually build them) and easily added to my test projects by specifying bundle dependencies.
- What configuration files are required to set up the OsgiTestRunner or the DmKernelTestRunner?
- Is there a place, where I can find a step by step guide to a simple integration test using the OsgiTestRunner or the DmKernelTestRunner in conjunction with spring bean configuration files.

I highly appreciate any input, as integration tests are essential for our (and every) project.

Kind regards,
Felix
Re: Virgo Integration Test - Step by Step Guide [message #1016405 is a reply to message #1010917] Wed, 06 March 2013 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
There is a little documentation of the Virgo test framework on the wiki.

You are right that it could be made much more consumable, but we haven't been able to spend time on making that. If someone reading this wants to do it, that would be great.

Alternatively, and probably much easier, it should be possible to extend Pax Exam to perform in-container testing with Virgo.
Re: Virgo Integration Test - Step by Step Guide [message #1046154 is a reply to message #1016405] Sun, 21 April 2013 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hesham Saleh is currently offline Hesham SalehFriend
Can you kindly Glyn shed some lights on the Pax Exam path ?
Re: Virgo Integration Test - Step by Step Guide [message #1046655 is a reply to message #1046154] Mon, 22 April 2013 07:40 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Hesham Saleh wrote on Sun, 21 April 2013 13:56
Can you kindly Glyn shed some lights on the Pax Exam path ?

There's not much light to shed as it's quite simple. I think the gist of enabling Pax Exam for Virgo would be to write a Pax Runner profile to launch Virgo. Since Virgo now uses the normal Equinox launcher, it should be possible to take one of the existing Equinox-xxx Pax Runner profiles and use it as a base for the Virgo profile.

That's the sum total of my thoughts on the matter, but do say if anything is unclear. Smile

If anyone produces Pax Exam support for Virgo, I'd love to know so we can publicise it.
Previous Topic:Using the Config admin service
Next Topic:Virgo source bundles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:18:10 GMT 2024