Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Vex » custom key bindings for editing in vex?
custom key bindings for editing in vex? [message #1009590] Fri, 15 February 2013 10:58 Go to next message
Cris Merritt is currently offline Cris MerrittFriend
I've just started with Vex, and want to use it for Docbook authoring.

I would like to customize keys for editing. For example, I find the arrow keys cumbersome for navigation. In my case, I'll be trying make editing a bit emacs-like. I have already switched the Eclipse keybinding "scheme" to "Emacs", but this doesn't seem to affect editing in Vex. I have also tried to set certain custom key-bindings in the Eclipse Keys preference, but to no effect.

For example, can someone tell me how I can make ^F do the same as forward-arrow?

Thanks and regards,
Cris

Re: custom key bindings for editing in vex? [message #1009742 is a reply to message #1009590] Fri, 15 February 2013 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holger Voormann is currently offline Holger VoormannFriend
Hi Cris,

Currently, Vex supports customizable key bindings for higher level commands only like move table column left/right (see full list of Vex commands with customizable key bindings by entering "Vex" in the filter of the Keys preference page). Sad

For this feature request I opened bug 400939. Your comments are welcome.

Best regards,

Holger
Re: custom key bindings for editing in vex? [message #1010639 is a reply to message #1009742] Sun, 17 February 2013 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holger Voormann is currently offline Holger VoormannFriend
Hi Cris,

I have implemented 34 basic Text Editing commands (see full list of commands: bug 400939). All shortcuts/keys of these commands can be configured in Window > Preferences > General > Keys, e.g. by switching to the Emacs scheme. The support of copy and cut text via "Set Mark" is still missing (you could vote for bug 401021 Wink ).

This change will be available in the upcoming Milestone 1.1M2. It is already available in the maybe instable Continuous Integration build (Update Site: https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/mylyn-docs-vex.ci/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/org.eclipse.vex.repository/target/repository).

Best regards,

Holger
Re: custom key bindings for editing in vex? [message #1010722 is a reply to message #1010639] Mon, 18 February 2013 05:30 Go to previous message
Cris Merritt is currently offline Cris MerrittFriend
Hi Holger,
That's excellent. Thanks!
I look forward to it.
-Cris
Previous Topic:VEX installed - WHAT NEXT??
Next Topic:MathML Support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:04:20 GMT 2024