Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » pure e4 rcp application and JFace Preferences(StyledString/StyledCellLabel Provider do not show color - no JFacePreferences defined for COUNTER_COLOR, etc)
pure e4 rcp application and JFace Preferences [message #1008741] Wed, 13 February 2013 18:54 Go to next message
Graeme Ingleby is currently offline Graeme InglebyFriend
I am just starting with Eclipse 4.x. I have used the e4 Tools plugin to create a sample e4 Application. I am trying to use both StyledCellLabelProvider (in a TableViewer) and Content Assist (with ICompletionProposalExtension6). My styled-labels are not colored.

I have determined that the JFacePreferences.COUNTER_COLOR, DECORATIONS_COLOR and QUALIFIER_COLOR have not been set in the Color Registry.

I could set these in my plugin - but that could trash values set by some other plugin. The Eclipse 3.x apps seem to load these values at start-up but not when I create an e4 RCP app.

Can someone please explain - when/how these JFace preference values should be configured/loaded.

Thanks,

-Graeme
Re: pure e4 rcp application and JFace Preferences [message #1450639 is a reply to message #1008741] Wed, 22 October 2014 17:59 Go to previous message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
I'm facing the same problem.
Any results ?
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Showing Progress od Jobs (and subjobs)
Next Topic:How do I add a part to show console output?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:38:57 GMT 2024