Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Cannot see my category in update site
Cannot see my category in update site [message #1008216] Mon, 11 February 2013 14:32 Go to next message
Gregory Gee is currently offline Gregory GeeFriend
I created and update site project, created my category, then added my feature to the category. I ran the 'Build All', and then when I opened a new UI and tried to install from the update site project, it is not showing my feature in a category.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<site>
   <feature url="features/myplugin.feature_2.0.0.201302081337.jar" id="myplugin.feature" version="2.0.0.201302081337">
      <category name="myplugin.category"/>
   </feature>
   <category-def name="myplugin.category" label="My Plugins"/>
</site>

Is there another step that I need to do?

Thanks,
Greg
Re: Cannot see my category in update site [message #1008300 is a reply to message #1008216] Mon, 11 February 2013 19:58 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
Try moving the plug-ins/features folders as well as content.jar and artifact.jar to a separate directory. Then try installing from that directory. It's possible that p2 is looking at the site.xml and generating metadata on the fly which is missing the category.

You can also examine the metadata in content.jar. It's hard to follow, but if no category IU is generated there, that would indicate a bug in either PDE UI or Equinox p2.
Previous Topic:Custom toolchain problem: Info: Nothing to build for
Next Topic:Help with plugin.xml for New->Project Eclipse UI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:15:24 GMT 2024