Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Deploying to Tomcat 7
Deploying to Tomcat 7 [message #1008185] Mon, 11 February 2013 10:42 Go to next message
Phill Perryman is currently offline Phill PerrymanFriend
First off I am new to RAP so may be missing something obvious.

I have installed a Tomcat7 server on my windows PC.

I have created the simple Hello RAP application in eclipse 4.3.0 and created a test launch for jetty and run it in a local browser and all is OK.

Now I want to deploy it to tomcat. I created a test.warproduct based on the test.launch. It validates and add required does not add any more plugins.

I export the war file and copy it to the Tomcat webapps folder. Sure enough shortly after that a test folder appears containing a web-inf folder and plugins, lib, conf in that folder.

The list applications in Tomcat now lists a /test application.

When I run it I just get a 404 error and a message the equested resource is not available. No indication of what resource. I tried looking through the Tomcat directory structure but could not seem to find any logs. I get exactly the same error if I type in http://localhost/anyoldrubbish so I suspect it can't find the application.

The /sample provided with tomcat works ok.

Any help to get the deployemnt running would be much appreciated.
Re: Deploying to Tomcat 7 [message #1008187 is a reply to message #1008185] Mon, 11 February 2013 11:05 Go to previous message
Phill Perryman is currently offline Phill PerrymanFriend
Always the way, shortly after posting I found an artile talking about the "path".I checked the path in the application wich was "/hello" So I tried http://localhost/test/hello and it works.

Live and learn.
Previous Topic:User Authentication
Next Topic:Adding extra HTML attribute to RAP compontents
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:59:36 GMT 2024