Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » SWT, Linux 6.3, and xulrunner 10
SWT, Linux 6.3, and xulrunner 10 [message #1008030] Fri, 08 February 2013 15:24 Go to next message
Mark Fishman is currently offline Mark FishmanFriend
Hello,

I have a SWT application that uses the browser widget to render some web pages. The version of SWT that I am running is from the 3.8.1 version of Eclipse. I bundle a version of xulrunner with my app that is xulrunner 10.0.4esr and specify the xulrunner path to specifically use that one. On Windows system this always works. However, on 64 bit RedHat, linux systems, I get varying degrees of success. It seems to work fine if the xulrunner that is already installed on that box is older than 10.0.4 but if it is newer, my swt application cores when I try to start up the Browser widget. Based on the dump, the error seems to be some how related to libmozsqlite3.so. At least that is always what is being referenced in the "register to memory mapping" area of the dump. I tried specifically using the xulrunner that was installed on the box, 10.0.5, as well to see if that worked but I got the same error.

Has anyone else run into similar problems and, if so, can you suggest a work around?

Thanks.

-- Mark
Re: SWT, Linux 6.3, and xulrunner 10 [message #1008034 is a reply to message #1008030] Fri, 08 February 2013 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooops...one other data point. I am explicitly setting the browser type to SWT.MOZILLA.
Re: SWT, Linux 6.3, and xulrunner 10 [message #1015441 is a reply to message #1008034] Thu, 28 February 2013 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Gayed is currently offline Grant GayedFriend
Hi, sorry for the late reply,

This is probably a case of libmozsqlite3.so being loaded by a
WebKit-based browser in your app (a Browser created with style
SWT.NONE), which is conflicting with the libmozsqlite3.so that is
shipped with your XULRunner. If so, you should be able to get this
working by setting the org.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType java property
before the first Browser instance is created, as described in
http://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#browserspecifydefault .

HTH,
Grant

On 2/8/2013 10:42 AM, Mark Fishman wrote:
> ooops...one other data point. I am explicitly setting the browser type
> to SWT.MOZILLA.
Re: SWT, Linux 6.3, and xulrunner 10 [message #1017049 is a reply to message #1015441] Fri, 08 March 2013 18:34 Go to previous message
Hi Grant,

Thanks for the suggestion but no dice. A user that I have who was having this problem added the flag and it seemed to work but then when he ran the client the next day it crashed again in the same place. Always in a sqlite3_randomness call in libmozsqlite3.so.

I still can not reproduce this crash in my test environment, which is what makes it hard to debug, but I have not given up on my theory that maybe it is a shared library conflict or something. All of the people that have this problem use firefox, but a different version then the xulrunner that I am using, and tend to have it up at the same time as my SWT client.

As a thought, do you happen to know if there is any way to send the -no-remote flag to the embedded xulrunner? I was hoping maybe that would help.

Do you have any other thoughts that I could try?

Thanks again for the suggestion.

-- Mark
Previous Topic:swt canvas scrolling
Next Topic:SWT - switch an icon with a text string position.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:14:52 GMT 2024