Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » Backslashes removed from configure call
Backslashes removed from configure call [message #1007817] Thu, 07 February 2013 15:21 Go to next message
Martins Pukitis is currently offline Martins PukitisFriend
I'm building an autotools project on windows. I have defined additional command line options for configure:
${workspace_loc:/project_name}
As result the configure call looks like:
configure L:project_name
which is invalid (configure returns an error). The actual project location is L:\project_name
So, obviously, backslash was treated as line extender and removed. How can I fix it?
Re: Backslashes removed from configure call [message #1047976 is a reply to message #1007817] Tue, 23 April 2013 22:58 Go to previous message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
Quote:
I'm building an autotools project on windows. I have defined additional command line options for configure:
${workspace_loc:/project_name}
As result the configure call looks like:
configure L:project_name
which is invalid (configure returns an error). The actual project location is L:\project_name
So, obviously, backslash was treated as line extender and removed. How can I fix it?

The configuration command is run using sh -c "" so the shell is processing the backslash. The configuration command line has to be formed to escape them. A similar problem was found with round brackets on Linux which are added to the workspace name with a number if you already have used the name before. A fix has just been posted to the CDT repository to add backslash characters to both round brackets and backslashes themselves. It should be part of the nightly build if all goes well and you can try it out or else you can check out CDT from git and run a child Eclipse application that uses all checked out plug-ins/features.
Previous Topic:Color customization for gcov plugin?
Next Topic:Using the additional Kerneltrace Views
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:56:24 GMT 2024