Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Question about Eclipse / Maven and Kerberos authentication
Question about Eclipse / Maven and Kerberos authentication [message #1007584] Wed, 06 February 2013 15:16 Go to next message
eclipseuser 99 is currently offline eclipseuser 99Friend
Hello,

I am trying to find a solution for the following problem:

Our developers who use Eclipse want to connect to Maven repository from our company network.

As Maven repository can be anywhere in the world (any IP) and we can only allow connection to IP address (not hosts, like maven.apache.org). We don't want to allow connection to any ip in the world, just only specific ip addresses.

As it is not possible, that is why would like to control the connection with our proxy. We don't want to install Maven proxy.

I would like to know if Eclipse can handle / support any kind of authetication like NTLM or Kerberos (Kerberos prefered).

Thank you.
Re: Question about Eclipse / Maven and Kerberos authentication [message #1007612 is a reply to message #1007584] Wed, 06 February 2013 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
JDT never connects to Maven repositories.

If you're using Maven from Eclipse, you're likely to use m2e for that purpose, so perhaps the m2e mailing list can get you an answer, but from how I understand the architecture, also m2e only delegates to Maven - so questions of how Maven accesses remote repositores are just Maven questions (might be as simple as setting your proxy as the only repository in your Maven settings.xml??)

best,
Stephan
Re: Question about Eclipse / Maven and Kerberos authentication [message #1007689 is a reply to message #1007612] Thu, 07 February 2013 06:37 Go to previous message
eclipseuser 99 is currently offline eclipseuser 99Friend
Dear Stephan,

I will try, thank you.
Previous Topic:Multiple selection in Package Explorer on Ubuntu / Linux
Next Topic:"Extract method object" in eclipse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:14:41 GMT 2024