Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Absent line number fails to debug code. Tried Everything I can think of
Absent line number fails to debug code. Tried Everything I can think of [message #1006712] Fri, 01 February 2013 14:19 Go to next message
neil walker is currently offline neil walkerFriend
Hello,
I'm running Juno (Java EE download edition) and no other plug-ins installed.

When I try and debug a running java EE application (through the debugger attached to Weblogic 9.2.3 on the correct port) I get the message that it cannot debug because I haven't got line numbers enabled in the settings. Except I have. I've been at this for 3 days now. This is what I've done to try and fix it:

1. Unchecked/applied then checked/applied line number compiler settings

2. Cleaned/refreshed project and recompiled/deployed everything (I'm using ant scripts to generate the ears/jars)

3. I've deleted my workspace and created a new one

4. I've deleted eclipse and installed it again

5. I've reinstalled weblogic and set everything up from scratch

6. I took a backup of a colleagues eclipse, weblogic and code folders (i.e. everything to do with the project). I'm using exactly the same configuration files for everything and we are running the same java from the jdk shipped with weblogic.

In the case of (7), his works just fine, it is just mine.

Can anyone please help? I found quite a large number of people with similar faults and one on Stackoverflow I followed all their suggested solutions with no solution.

I can't think of anything else to do.

Java debugging does work on little java apps I've tested, just not these weblogic apps.
Re: Absent line number fails to debug code. Tried Everything I can think of [message #1006731 is a reply to message #1006712] Fri, 01 February 2013 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neil walker is currently offline neil walkerFriend
I've also tried forcing the ant script to set debug="true" and debuglevel="lines, vars, source"

What I don't understand is when Eclipse gives me the message 'unable to install breakpoint in xxxxx due to missing line number attributes' is this when attaching to my code on my weblogic server or is it eclipse using its local source code version?

Either way, I have enabled line numbers and I've been on this for near enough a week.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 February 2013 16:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Absent line number fails to debug code. Tried Everything I can think of [message #1066389 is a reply to message #1006712] Tue, 02 July 2013 12:04 Go to previous message
Gautam yadav is currently offline Gautam yadavFriend
Thanks neil walker u r a life saver

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Previous Topic:Eclipse is running another project
Next Topic:Eclipse encoding on MACOSX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:44:57 GMT 2024