Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Building EMF Compare with Guava Libraries
Building EMF Compare with Guava Libraries [message #1006612] Fri, 01 February 2013 07:35 Go to next message
Pedro Dusso is currently offline Pedro DussoFriend
Hello,

I'm building EMF Compare clone from this git.

When I build and export the plugin as it comes, I got the following errors in my standalone java application:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/common/collect/Sets
	at org.eclipse.emf.compare.scope.AbstractComparisonScope.<init>(AbstractComparisonScope.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.emf.compare.scope.FilterComparisonScope.<init>(FilterComparisonScope.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.emf.compare.scope.DefaultComparisonScope.<init>(DefaultComparisonScope.java:40)
	at org.eclipse.emf.compare.EMFCompare.createDefaultScope(EMFCompare.java:127)
	at UMLModel.main(UMLModel.java:118)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.common.collect.Sets
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)

So I decided to update, rebuild and reexport as a plugin the EMF Compare. I downloaded the Guava libraries, since the original google collections page on googlecode says to do it.

I added the guava-14.0-rc1.jar as a external *.jar file, and let Eclipse rebuild it. I got the following errors:

The method getUnchecked(EObject) is undefined for the type Cache<EObject,Iterable<String>>	URIDistance.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/match/eobject	line 63	Java Problem

The method getUnchecked(EObject) is undefined for the type Cache<EObject,Iterable<String>>	URIDistance.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/match/eobject	line 64	Java Problem

The method getUnchecked(EObject) is undefined for the type Cache<EObject,Iterable<String>>	URIDistance.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/match/eobject	line 131	Java Problem

The method getUnchecked(EObject) is undefined for the type Cache<EObject,URI>	EqualityHelper.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/utils	line 181	Java Problem

The method get(EObject, Callable<? extends URI>) in the type Cache<EObject,URI> is not applicable for the arguments (EObject)	EqualityHelper.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/utils	line 249	Java Problem

The method getUnchecked(EObject) is undefined for the type Cache<EObject,URI>	EqualityHelper.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/utils	line 182	Java Problem

The method get(String, Callable<? extends EObjectIndex>) in the type Cache<String,EObjectIndex> is not applicable for the arguments (String)	ByTypeIndex.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/match/eobject	line 113	Java Problem

The method get(String, Callable<? extends EObjectIndex>) in the type Cache<String,EObjectIndex> is not applicable for the arguments (String)	ByTypeIndex.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/match/eobject	line 129	Java Problem

The method get(String, Callable<? extends EObjectIndex>) in the type Cache<String,EObjectIndex> is not applicable for the arguments (String)	ByTypeIndex.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/match/eobject	line 83	Java Problem

Am I doing the correct procedure to use the EMF Compare?

Thanks
Re: Building EMF Compare with Guava Libraries [message #1006636 is a reply to message #1006612] Fri, 01 February 2013 09:48 Go to previous message
Mikael Barbero is currently offline Mikael BarberoFriend
Hi Pedro,

EMF Compare depends strictly on Guava 10 because we used @Beta methods that were removed afterwards and/or non existent in previous release. There exists a contributor guide on the wiki and it may give you some further answers: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMF_Compare/Contributor_Guide. It contains an "Environment" section describing the dependencies of EMF Compare and a "build" section (I created this section few minutes ago though Wink) to learn how to build EMF Compare.

BTW, Guava 12 has been added to Orbit (http://www.eclipse.org/orbit/) recently and we have to think if we will use this version for EMF Compare 2.1. If so, we will update the target definitions files accordingly.

Best regards,

Mikael Barbero
Obeo

[Updated on: Fri, 01 February 2013 09:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:compare two xml models?
Next Topic:EMFCompare graph structure and change information
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:51:02 GMT 2024