Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » P2 update mechanism under Indigo(Failing to get P2 update examples working)
P2 update mechanism under Indigo [message #1006388] Thu, 31 January 2013 08:34 Go to next message
Michael Gruebsch is currently offline Michael GruebschFriend
Hi,

I tried to get the P2 update examples from the GIT repository rt.equinox.p2 working. Both examples projects

• org.eclipse.equinox.p2.examples.rcp.sdknoautoupdates
  • org.eclipse.equinox.p2.examples.rcp.prestartupdate

seem to be not up to date.

In the first example I get the message
Quote:

Could not locate the running profile instance. The eclipse.p2.data.area and eclipse.p2.profile properties may not be set correctly in this application's config.ini file.

The second one throws a NPE
Quote:
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.UpdateOperation.getInstalledIUs(UpdateOperation.java:295)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.UpdateOperation.prepareToResolve(UpdateOperation.java:280)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProfileChangeOperation.resolveModal(ProfileChangeOperation.java:112)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.examples.rcp.prestartupdate.P2Util.checkForUpdates(P2Util.java:49)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.examples.rcp.prestartupdate.ApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor$1.run(ApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor.java:76)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
	... 38 more

After fixing the example according to
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=554285&S=db68a0daf2c1bb0915daac6bd300c108 I get the same errors.

My question: is there any working example out of the box which could be run under Eclipse 3.7 or 3.8?

Thank you very much.
Michael
Re: P2 update mechanism under Indigo [message #1062649 is a reply to message #1006388] Mon, 10 June 2013 08:59 Go to previous message
Ludwig Moser is currently offline Ludwig MoserFriend
if you find/found some, let me know!
Previous Topic:How to query a p2 for IUs by its provided capabilities?
Next Topic:Corrupted application after broken update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:14:19 GMT 2024