Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "program "g++" not found in PATH" and "program "gcc" not found in(c/c++ program)
icon5.gif  "program "g++" not found in PATH" and "program "gcc" not found in [message #1005530] Sat, 26 January 2013 07:11 Go to next message
mabel kwarteng is currently offline mabel kwartengFriend
Hi. i have installed c/c++ eclipse juno on 64 bit windows 7. i have also downloaded MinGW, extracted it and set the environment variable. Now my problem is when i try to write any c/c++ code, after selectig executable and then empty project at the project type, when i get to the toolchains i dont see MinGW but rather cross GCC. when i select cross GCC and write the progarm i see the error message " program "g++" not found in PATH"and "program "gcc" not found in PATH". I right clicked on the project, choose properties and set the path but i still see that error message. I don't know if it is because the MinGW is not installed or what. after downloading the MinGW the only thing that i could do was extract the file. I didnt see anything like setup.exe. if the set up is in any of the folders pls direct me to that folder so that i can install it and if it is a problem with the path please help me. thanks
Re: "program "g++" not found in PATH" and "program "gcc" not foun [message #1005615 is a reply to message #1005530] Sun, 27 January 2013 14:27 Go to previous message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Hi,

use the MinGW installer:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/442125/994103/#msg_994103

regards,
Klaus

Previous Topic:Symbol 'std' could not be resolved
Next Topic:Cross GCC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:25:10 GMT 2024