Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Missing PHP Debug Persepective/Preferences with Eclipse Juno 4.2.1 and PDT 3.1.1
Missing PHP Debug Persepective/Preferences with Eclipse Juno 4.2.1 and PDT 3.1.1 [message #1005506] Fri, 25 January 2013 18:17 Go to next message
Mark Libkuman is currently offline Mark LibkumanFriend
0 down vote favorite

I just set up Eclipse 4.2.1 and PDT 3.1.1 on Ubuntu 12.0.4 this week and all is working well until I tried to configure debugging via xdebug.

If i go to "Window"->"Preferences" then uncollapse the PHP section I do not see a Debug section. Also, if i go look at my available perspectives I do not see PHP Debug.

I attached images showing my installed software, my list of available perspectives, and the PHP section of the list of Preferences.

Any idea why i'm not see the PHP Debug Prefrences or Perspectives?

[Updated on: Mon, 28 January 2013 17:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Missing PHP Debug Persepective/Preferences with Eclipse Juno 4.2.1 and PDT 3.1.1 [message #1005528 is a reply to message #1005506] Sat, 26 January 2013 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
'PHP Debug' perspective had been removed on PDT 3.0. PDT uses 'Debug' perspective now. So it is not a problem.
Missing 'Debug' in Preferences is a problem indeed, it indicates that php debug plugin is not loaded. Are there something errors in {workspace}/.metadata/.log ?
(I have no idea though)
Re: Missing PHP Debug Persepective/Preferences with Eclipse Juno 4.2.1 and PDT 3.1.1 [message #1005589 is a reply to message #1005528] Sat, 26 January 2013 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply

Quote:

'PHP Debug' perspective had been removed on PDT 3.0. PDT uses 'Debug' perspective now. So it is not a problem.

Good to know.

Quote:

Missing 'Debug' in Preferences is a problem indeed, it indicates that php debug plugin is not loaded.

Is there a specific name for this php debug plugin? Should it come bundled with PDT or does it need to be installed on its own?

Quote:

Are there something errors in {workspace}/.metadata/.log ?

I don't even see a .log file/directory in the {workspace}/.metadata, only .mylyn and .plugins directories.

This may not be related at all, but when i was configuring Subclipse, i had troubles getting my JavaHL to load so i ended up using SVNKit (Pure Java) instead. Could my JavaHL issues be related to this?
Re: Missing PHP Debug Persepective/Preferences with Eclipse Juno 4.2.1 and PDT 3.1.1 [message #1005728 is a reply to message #1005589] Mon, 28 January 2013 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
> Is there a specific name for this php debug plugin? Should it come bundled with PDT or does it need to be installed on its own?
org.eclipse.php.debug.core_3.1.1.201209101312.jar
org.eclipse.php.debug.daemon_3.1.1.201209101312.jar
org.eclipse.php.debug.ui_3.1.1.201209101312.jar
these are included in PDT, so no need to install separately.
If any of these files is lost(or failed in startup), you'll lose all php debugging feature. It is unlikely...

> I don't even see a .log file/directory in the {workspace}/.metadata, only .mylyn and .plugins directories.
{workspace}/.metadata/.log file must exist because eclipse is logging a lot of warnings such as "Keybinding conflicts occurred" even in the normal installation...
Window>Show View>Other>General>Error Log has no entries as well?

> This may not be related at all, but when i was configuring Subclipse, i had troubles getting my JavaHL to load so i ended up using SVNKit (Pure Java) instead. Could my JavaHL issues be related to this?
No, it has no relation.

Re: Missing PHP Debug Persepective/Preferences with Eclipse Juno 4.2.1 and PDT 3.1.1 [message #1005781 is a reply to message #1005728] Mon, 28 January 2013 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for staying with me.

I just confirmed that I do have all the plug-ins you named at /opt/eclipse/plugins.

I just checked the error log via eclipse and I have attached a screenshot of all the errors over the last couple days. I did a restart today around noon so i assume any startup errors would be included. Doesn't seem like anything related to php debug.

Re: Missing PHP Debug Persepective/Preferences with Eclipse Juno 4.2.1 and PDT 3.1.1 [message #1005973 is a reply to message #1005781] Tue, 29 January 2013 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm...
If it is possible, try
a) Start eclipse with -clean option.(e.g. open terminal, type "/opt/eclipse/eclipse -clean")
or
b) Install eclipse as a new installation.(e.g. extract eclipse-SDK-4.2.1-linux-gtk.tar.gz to home directory, start new eclipse and create new workspace, and then install pdt)
Re: Missing PHP Debug Persepective/Preferences with Eclipse Juno 4.2.1 and PDT 3.1.1 [message #1006083 is a reply to message #1005973] Tue, 29 January 2013 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried the -clean option and no success

I'll try the reinstall soon, i'm assuming its possible to have two different installations of eclipse installed at the same time.

Thanks again for your help.
Re: Missing PHP Debug Persepective/Preferences with Eclipse Juno 4.2.1 and PDT 3.1.1 [message #1220298 is a reply to message #1005506] Tue, 10 December 2013 22:49 Go to previous message
Balazs Barcsik is currently offline Balazs BarcsikFriend
same with Kepler and 3.2 - the plugin is installed but can not choose perspective, etc
Previous Topic:Can sby give me some help with the editor please?
Next Topic:Eclipse crashes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:19:17 GMT 2024