Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Doubts regarding ManagedServiceFactory
Doubts regarding ManagedServiceFactory [message #1004619] Wed, 23 January 2013 14:54 Go to next message
Castor Rodriguez is currently offline Castor RodriguezFriend
Hi there.

I'm trying to figure it out why my ManagedServiceFactory is not been notified of configuration changes.

To put in context:
- Configuration changes are done by installing properties files as configuration artifacts (actually by copying them to the pickup directory).
- Those files have a property service.factoryPid with the same value as the service.pid with which the ManagedServiceFactory was registered.

It seems like there were two different instances of ConfigurationStore involved, created by different ConfigurationAdminFactory, and so on...

The reason would be the bundle org.eclipse.equinox.cm being started twice during kernel initialization, or at least the org.eclipse.equinox.internal.cm.Activator.start() being called twice.

So for some reason, when I add/update some properties file, ConfigurationStore is accessed twice, but each access to a different instance:
- First to createFactoryConfiguration (with factoryPid).
- Second to getConfiguration, but it can't get the configuration previously stored because it's a differente instance of the store. And at this point there is no knowledge about factoryPid, so the configuration is created again like if there wasn't any factory involved.

Is there any explanation for that? Maybe the kernel/user region disgregation?

Am I missing something?

Does all of this something to do with https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=325735?

Virgo version: 3.6.0.RELEASE.

Regards.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 January 2013 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Doubts regarding ManagedServiceFactory [message #1004642 is a reply to message #1004619] Wed, 23 January 2013 15:27 Go to previous message
Castor Rodriguez is currently offline Castor RodriguezFriend
I'm sorry there was another post about this. (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/448925/)

I searched bad before posting Sad
Previous Topic:Problem with Gemini DBAccess / JPA and Virgo 3.6
Next Topic:Installation and Using of Virgo Maven Plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:42:34 GMT 2024