Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » When mirroring p2 repo can you specify multiple platformFilter arguments?(using P2 mirroring slicingOption platformFilter)
When mirroring p2 repo can you specify multiple platformFilter arguments? [message #1004278] Tue, 22 January 2013 22:51 Go to next message
Steve Francisco is currently offline Steve FranciscoFriend
When I mirror a project (like eclipse platform) I want to slice it to have a subset of the available operating systems. In slicingOptions there is a platformFilter parameter where I can provide a triplet (os,ws,arch) to include just one platform, but is there a way to specify more than one? I know that platformFilter=true will bring in all (and is the default), but what if I want to include 5 platforms only?

In other places I've seen comma separates lists but they have the form "os.ws.arch,os.ws.arch,...". Here we already have commas being used. Is it valid to say "win32,win32,x86,linux,gtk,x86" to get just those 2?

If an example could be shown that would be helpful. Thanks
Re: When mirroring p2 repo can you specify multiple platformFilter arguments? [message #1006787 is a reply to message #1004278] Fri, 01 February 2013 20:42 Go to previous message
Steve Francisco is currently offline Steve FranciscoFriend
I found the answer. platformFilter can only supply one environment, but if you run the p2.mirror task a second time with a different platformFilter value it will add files specific to the new platform to the existing mirror from the first pass. This means files already downloaded in the first pass don't get downloaded again, so it's relatively fast. I just have to repeat the p2.mirror task once for each platform I'm interested in, which is easy enough to do in Ant.
Previous Topic:Eclipse XSL Developer Tools Install Problem
Next Topic:Can't export product: qualifiers in dependent plugins don't match
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 13:59:09 GMT 2024