Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Disable transformation of product to wrapper feature during PDE build?
Disable transformation of product to wrapper feature during PDE build? [message #1002871] Sat, 19 January 2013 18:03 Go to next message
Michael Becker is currently offline Michael BeckerFriend
Hi,

I'm currently using a feature-based product configuration that consists of:
- Eclipse platform, JDT, EMF + other Eclipse features
- some 3rd party features
- my own features

According to http://help.eclipse.org/juno/topic/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/tasks/pde_product_build.htm?cp=4_2_0_0 the product itself is transformed to a feature that contains all features that are defined in the product configuration:
Quote:
Behind the scenes this setup will generate a feature containing the plug-ins or features specified in your product configuration file. This generated feature is then used to drive a normal feature based headless build.

How can I disable this behavior, so that no "wrapper feature" is created and all features are installed separately instead?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
Re: Disable transformation of product to wrapper feature during PDE build? [message #1003636 is a reply to message #1002871] Mon, 21 January 2013 17:01 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
There is no way to disable that behaviour and still allow you build your product. PDE Build creates the feature based off the product config and builds that. It does not have the ability to build a product configuration directly.

If you don't want to build the top level feature/product you can just build the other features (either from the UI export wizard or headlessly).
Previous Topic:Changing PrinterData's paper size.
Next Topic:How to execute code before saving?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:16:02 GMT 2024