Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Embedding HTML data from db into report
Embedding HTML data from db into report [message #1000505] Mon, 14 January 2013 22:45 Go to next message
nlajka - is currently offline nlajka -Friend
Hello,

I know that there is a topic on embedding HTML data from db (http://birtworld.blogspot.de/2008/05/embed-html.html), and that is what I was using in order to make it work, but in my case there is literary nothing after I run a preview of the report.

Here is what I am doing. We are having invoices in our db in a form of HTML.
When I test a dataset with a parameter calling for a single row from the db I get it. In order to check it I would copy that string and save it in a text file with .html extension and open it using a web browser. In web browser I would see invoice like it should be, so I am assuming that data coming from db into report is good.
I did exactly what Jason told that guy in blogspot to do, however, when I run the report I get a blank page. There would be only date at the bottom.
All 4 steps have been performed and zillion combinations tried with no luck.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks for your help!
  • Attachment: format.jpg
    (Size: 51.95KB, Downloaded 225 times)
Re: Embedding HTML data from db into report [message #1000512 is a reply to message #1000505] Mon, 14 January 2013 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had to type in the whole line, not only format="HTML" since there are no rows to chose from. This text element is associated with dataset that brings data that I need, but I don't have a choice of fields to add, so I typed them manually.
Re: Embedding HTML data from db into report [message #1000513 is a reply to message #1000512] Mon, 14 January 2013 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I got it. Text element had to be in a table which I associated to the data set. Then I did those changes and there was a choice of the row that I needed.
Works great.
Re: Embedding HTML data from db into report [message #1000985 is a reply to message #1000513] Tue, 15 January 2013 20:26 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

If it was just a single row of data, from the dataSet, you could have just bound the text box to the dataSet. If multiple rows, you'd need the table for iterating over the result set.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Windows Service for BIRT
Next Topic:BIRT Report Prompting for Username/Password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:49:24 GMT 2024