Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » Eclipse 3.3, VE and gridbaglayout problem
Eclipse 3.3, VE and gridbaglayout problem [message #145020] Wed, 18 June 2008 12:29 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: fbondioli.autentiweb.com

Hi all,

I need to use eclipse europa for a project based on both j2EE and swing.
I've installed VE following instruction on VE wiki but there seem to be a bug with GridBagLayout: adding an item to a panel produces this king of code:

GridBagConstraint gridBagConstraint32 = ;

instead of

GridBagConstraint gridBagConstraint32 = new GridBagConstraint();

If I manually insert the missing piece all works ok but actually I need to do it for every single swing object I put on my panels...

Is there a way to fix this? Will be VE integrated in the upcoming 3.4 release?

Best Regards
JB
Re: Eclipse 3.3, VE and gridbaglayout problem [message #145030 is a reply to message #145020] Wed, 18 June 2008 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: matthew.leah.pdgm.nospam.com

Hi Fabio,

This problem has been fixed in the recent VE release that Yves Yang
announced in this group (See post titled [ANN] Build for Eclipse 3.4
RC2). I am quite happily using this version with Eclipse 3.4 RC3.

I think the problem has also been fixed for 3.3.x eclipse builds,
however, there is no 'official' version available. The 3.3.x version
provided at http://www.ehecht.com/eclipse_ve/ve.html seems to work fine.


Hope that helps,
Matt.



Fabio B. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to use eclipse europa for a project based on both j2EE and swing.
> I've installed VE following instruction on VE wiki but there seem to be
> a bug with GridBagLayout: adding an item to a panel produces this king
> of code:
>
> GridBagConstraint gridBagConstraint32 = ;
>
> instead of
>
> GridBagConstraint gridBagConstraint32 = new GridBagConstraint();
>
> If I manually insert the missing piece all works ok but actually I need
> to do it for every single swing object I put on my panels...
>
> Is there a way to fix this? Will be VE integrated in the upcoming 3.4
> release?
>
> Best Regards
> JB
Re: Eclipse 3.3, VE and gridbaglayout problem [message #145038 is a reply to message #145030] Wed, 18 June 2008 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: fbondioli.autentiweb.com

Matthew Leah ha scritto:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> This problem has been fixed in the recent VE release that Yves Yang
> announced in this group (See post titled [ANN] Build for Eclipse 3.4
> RC2). I am quite happily using this version with Eclipse 3.4 RC3.
>
> I think the problem has also been fixed for 3.3.x eclipse builds,
> however, there is no 'official' version available. The 3.3.x version
> provided at http://www.ehecht.com/eclipse_ve/ve.html seems to work fine.
>
>
I'm just using that version that I found on www.ehecht.com and I'm having this problem

I've downloaded and installed this file under 3.3 (europa):

http://www.ehecht.com/eclipse_ve/ve_eclipse_34M7_win20080512 1900.zip

And with this file I'm having the GridBagLayout problem.

Does Yves Yang produced an unofficial build for 3.3 that has this problem fixed?

Best regards
FB
Re: Eclipse 3.3, VE and gridbaglayout problem [message #145047 is a reply to message #145038] Wed, 18 June 2008 14:18 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: fbondioli.autentiweb.com

> Does Yves Yang produced an unofficial build for 3.3 that has this
> problem fixed?
>
I've found it in an old post.
I've just installed it and seems to work great!

Many many thanks to Yves Yang!

Best regards
FB
Re: Eclipse 3.3, VE and gridbaglayout problem [message #617220 is a reply to message #145020] Wed, 18 June 2008 13:00 Go to previous message
Matthew Leah is currently offline Matthew LeahFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Fabio,

This problem has been fixed in the recent VE release that Yves Yang
announced in this group (See post titled [ANN] Build for Eclipse 3.4
RC2). I am quite happily using this version with Eclipse 3.4 RC3.

I think the problem has also been fixed for 3.3.x eclipse builds,
however, there is no 'official' version available. The 3.3.x version
provided at http://www.ehecht.com/eclipse_ve/ve.html seems to work fine.


Hope that helps,
Matt.



Fabio B. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to use eclipse europa for a project based on both j2EE and swing.
> I've installed VE following instruction on VE wiki but there seem to be
> a bug with GridBagLayout: adding an item to a panel produces this king
> of code:
>
> GridBagConstraint gridBagConstraint32 = ;
>
> instead of
>
> GridBagConstraint gridBagConstraint32 = new GridBagConstraint();
>
> If I manually insert the missing piece all works ok but actually I need
> to do it for every single swing object I put on my panels...
>
> Is there a way to fix this? Will be VE integrated in the upcoming 3.4
> release?
>
> Best Regards
> JB
Re: Eclipse 3.3, VE and gridbaglayout problem [message #617221 is a reply to message #145030] Wed, 18 June 2008 13:52 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: fbondioli.autentiweb.com

Matthew Leah ha scritto:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> This problem has been fixed in the recent VE release that Yves Yang
> announced in this group (See post titled [ANN] Build for Eclipse 3.4
> RC2). I am quite happily using this version with Eclipse 3.4 RC3.
>
> I think the problem has also been fixed for 3.3.x eclipse builds,
> however, there is no 'official' version available. The 3.3.x version
> provided at http://www.ehecht.com/eclipse_ve/ve.html seems to work fine.
>
>
I'm just using that version that I found on www.ehecht.com and I'm having this problem

I've downloaded and installed this file under 3.3 (europa):

http://www.ehecht.com/eclipse_ve/ve_eclipse_34M7_win20080512 1900.zip

And with this file I'm having the GridBagLayout problem.

Does Yves Yang produced an unofficial build for 3.3 that has this problem fixed?

Best regards
FB
Re: Eclipse 3.3, VE and gridbaglayout problem [message #617222 is a reply to message #145038] Wed, 18 June 2008 14:18 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: fbondioli.autentiweb.com

> Does Yves Yang produced an unofficial build for 3.3 that has this
> problem fixed?
>
I've found it in an old post.
I've just installed it and seems to work great!

Many many thanks to Yves Yang!

Best regards
FB
Previous Topic:Eclipse 3.3, VE and gridbaglayout problem
Next Topic:VE not invoking/appearing/working/loading
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Sep 22 11:52:26 GMT 2017

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03057 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software