Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Update site build replacing qualifier(Building my update site replaces the qualifier with a concrete value)
Update site build replacing qualifier [message #998884] Thu, 10 January 2013 22:24 Go to next message
Phillip Drew is currently offline Phillip DrewFriend
Basically when I build my update site the first time it works fine. The versions of the features used are just 1.0.0.qualifier.

However when it does the build it replaces the '.qualifier' with the actual concrete value.

When I try to build the update site again at a later time it complains that it can't find the features between the version range [previous concrete qualifier, previous concrete qualifier], obviously because the qualifier has moved on!

It doesn't happen all the time but it is happening consistently enough to be a big stumbling block in what should be a smooth update process. When it does complain about not being able to find the correct version I have to go into the site.xml and replace the concrete qualifier with '.qualifier' again.

Any suggestions what could be causing my problem?
Re: Update site build replacing qualifier [message #999204 is a reply to message #998884] Fri, 11 January 2013 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
I just reproduced this. It surprises me that the site.xml would be edited through the site building, but it looks like this is how it has always worked.

There is a synchronize button that should update all the versions. Have you tried that?

You can open a bug against PDE UI. However, there likely isn't enough committer time to fix it at the moment.
Re: Update site build replacing qualifier [message #1007014 is a reply to message #999204] Sun, 03 February 2013 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phillip Drew is currently offline Phillip DrewFriend
The synchronize button doesn't fix the problem once its started. I still have to edit the site.xml file to get it working again.

Given I'm not entirely sure how to open a bug I guess I'll just keep manually fixing it
Re: Update site build replacing qualifier [message #1007456 is a reply to message #998884] Tue, 05 February 2013 22:19 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
Enter a bug here:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?classification=Eclipse
You need a bugzilla account, but that is easy to get and well worth your time if you are a regular Eclipse user.

However, I hit this while working on a project so I created the bug for you and will try to find time to track it down.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=400034
Previous Topic:[ERROR]An error occurred while automatically activating bundle
Next Topic:Problem with calling an external class from AbstractHandler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:34:26 GMT 2024