Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » Clone git repository from Gerrit fails over SSH
Clone git repository from Gerrit fails over SSH [message #998647] Thu, 10 January 2013 12:24 Go to next message
Ken Wenzel is currently offline Ken WenzelFriend
Hello,

I've tried to clone a git repository from our Gerrit instance using a URL like

ssh://<username>@gerrit.instance:29418/project/name

and a private DSA key.

After submitting the key the first time, Orion keeps asking for a private key again and again.

Do you have any hints for me or is this a known bug?

Thank you and best regards,
Ken
Re: Clone git repository from Gerrit fails over SSH [message #1000461 is a reply to message #998647] Mon, 14 January 2013 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Arthorne is currently offline John ArthorneFriend
Orion doesn't cache credentials by default for security reasons. You can configure orion to cache credentials in client side browser cache. See:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Documentation/User_Guide/Reference/Git_Credentials_Storage#Git_credentials_storage

John
Re: Clone git repository from Gerrit fails over SSH [message #1000997 is a reply to message #1000461] Tue, 15 January 2013 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken Wenzel is currently offline Ken WenzelFriend
Hi John,

thank you for this hint. But, unfortunately, it does not solve my problem.

Maybe my first description was misleading. I meant that Orion is even unable to initially clone the git repository from Gerrit. It just keeps asking for a private key.

Best regards,
Ken
Re: Clone git repository from Gerrit fails over SSH [message #1001034 is a reply to message #1000997] Tue, 15 January 2013 22:17 Go to previous message
John Arthorne is currently offline John ArthorneFriend
Ok, all I can say is I'm not aware of any bugs in this area (which doesn't mean there aren't any). I have repositories cloned in orion using both ssh and git: protocols, and using either passphrase or private key setups without problems. Maybe there is something different about the authentication on that server but it's hard to say without a way to try it out.
Previous Topic:Disabling System Plugins
Next Topic:How to link local files/folders into workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:33:16 GMT 2024