Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » One problem after another
icon8.gif  One problem after another [message #998607] Thu, 10 January 2013 10:43
Matthew Knowles is currently offline Matthew KnowlesFriend
Can anyone provide some help with getting Eclipse working? At the moment, I seem to experience one issue after another, every fix leads to another issue.

I'm on OSX.

I've ended up with multiple installs of Eclipse in various attempts to get it working.

My goal is to build Android applications using the NDK for c/c++ support.

Attempt 1:
C/C++ projects wouldn't compile due to not being able to find gcc or g++.
Installed various CDT plugins in the hope hope that one of some part of it would include the compiler. (They didn't)
Eclipse no longer launches.

Attempt 2:
Setup the PATH to the default values for the C/C++ compilers in the preferences. (Why wasn't this set to the default values by default? Surely its kind of importent.)
Used XCode to add command line support to GCC and G++. (Why is this not available in Eclipse? It seems strange that I need to use one IDE to fix another)
Successfully managed to compile a C++ Hello World program with Eclipse for the first time.
Attempted to install Google's android plugins to find that the "Help > Install New Software" options was missing, as was "Check For Updates"

Attempt 3:
Attempted to setup the PATH in the preferences to find that the C/C++ section of the preferences wasn't there.

Is it not a major issue that plugins from the official site can stop Eclipse from launching or that importent menu options can disappear at will?
Previous Topic:SWT Tutorial fails at RunAs (Could not load SWT library)
Next Topic:CreateProcess 206 error when Run As (long classpath problem)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:46:59 GMT 2024